Thursday, May 7, 2009

Once in awhile...


...you've spent all day despairing at how many weird clothes you own and how you lack the discipline to buy staples/keep them in good condition, how you don't own a single black cardigan or a pair of jeans that fit, yet have bought something like five new dresses in the past month. And then...you go fishing in that pile in your closet and find a pair of completely acceptable Sevens, in a nice wash, that are neither too tight nor fall down embarrassingly. "Where did these come from?" you wonder.

I genuinely have no idea, but whatevs, I have jeans that fit. Also, I wanna show off yet another awesome $19 Beacon's find: an 100% cashmere William B (some strange, cool, discontinued designer brand -- or am I missing something?) tube top that instantly made me smile. I LOVE those pieces that feel so unmistakably you when you first see them. I think it's the soft cashmere, the classic RL-esque colors and the sexy, yet subtle, shape. These might not be the clothes that make history, but they do make me happy.

1 comment: