Monday, March 23, 2009

Fashionista's Field Trip to Park Slope

Today I have the pleasure of being at Tea Lounge in the Slope with none other than Miss Sarah, a cutting edge New York Times web chick who takes her fashion inspiration from the late 50s and early 60s, and her tea straight and hot, just like her boys. She was gracious enough to take a few moments away from transcribing and grant me an interview.


Peach Armchair Fashionista:
Miss Sarah, where did you get that fabulous mauve hat with a pearl in it?

Sarah: Village Scandal, the other weekend.

PAF: And what era would you say it's from?

S: I'd say Jazz Age, as interpreted by Jackie O.

PAF: Let's get real. What do you like most about this accessory?

S: Long pause as she thinks. I would have to say its femininity and uniqueness.

PAF: And with what outfit would you ideally pair this hat?

S: A black trapeze coat with heather tights and tall black riding boots.


P.S. - When I have babies, I am so moving to this neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. So I was thinking about it-- I way overuse the Jackie O. comparison, and in fact I don't think she would wear something quite so flamboyant. So I'm gonna amend my answer to Jazz Age as interpreted by Alexander Calder.

    ReplyDelete